Sunday, 1 July 2007

Faux Jewellery

Had a fun afternoon yesterday with Ann who showed me this technique for making jewellery. The original idea for this came from her friend Wendy who works at Stamp Zone in Albany. The small squares of bamboo were painted with a metallic paint and when dried stamped with an image using Staz On. This was then finished off with beads and a layer of Crystal Effects. Holes were then drilled from the sides and joined with matching beads to make bracelets or a necklace. The samples she had were just gorgeous. I only had two stamp sets with me so no competition - I had to see how Do the Hula looked on these tiles. Awesome possibilities here. Tile on the right is one of Anns. I think I may have too many metallic colours on mine. OOooo, can't wait to show my girls :)

No comments: